Monday, August 9, 2010

getting my just desserts

as many of you know, i love dessert. so much that i would eat it for all five meals per day. who eats five meals a day? me. i am way too dependent upon delicious commercial vegan ice creams. there's nothing wrong with that--it's just expensive and it's processed!

so i took my love for dessert and the brief season of freestone peaches and made my own lovely concoction. i've often been inspired by chocolate covered katie with her passion for frozen fruit and made this!

peachy keen

1 big giant freestone peach-(really any peach will do. yellow or white doughnut peaches are pretty rad as well. in that case, you'll need two or three of those)

skin the peach. yes, you can skin a peach. don't ask me how, it's a delicate process. take your time. the more ripe the peach is, the easier it is to skin. put it in a dish. put a couple tablespoons of your favorite vegan coffee creamer and pour it on top. sprinkle with cinnamon, agave nectar, and some crushed almonds. put in the freezer for about an hour. it shouldn't be frozen, just really well chilled.

4 comments:

jess_fildespages said...

mmm! I dont eat peaches too often but this makes me feel like I should!

Lori said...

I just bought huge peaches. I'm going to try this. How tasty!

惠邱邱邱邱雯 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Voracious Vegan said...

Wow! I don't eat peaches very often, or even see them around here, really. But I'll keep my eyes open because this dish looks to delicious to miss.