Tuesday, January 25, 2011

so far my blogging goal hasn't been going that well...

yeah, so that whole 'i'm-gonna-blog-at-least-three-times-a-week' thing ain't going so well. i'm hoping to change that soon. pshaw. this is my last week working full-time, and i'm looking forward to my return to part-time status so i don't have to feel so rushed when putting dinner together for everyone. point in case: the sandwich hanging out above this paragraph. that's a fridgey feng shui sort of thing i threw together that gave me a couple hours of heartburn. i took some spinach, onions, and peppers--sauteed them all and threw it with some yves vegan peperoni slices and rice vegan cheese on a toasted bun, sort of a vegan ode to quizno's. would i do this again? sure, it wasn't a bad sammie; however, i would skip the rice vegan slices. most vegan cheeses suck and i have just learned to go without most of them, but i thought i'd give that brand a whirl because i got it on clearance once. it doesn't melt. it just bubbles up and toughens a bit. one could very easily end up with a pseudo rawhide chew if they weren't careful.


now here's a fast meal i could eat 5 times a week: snobby joes from veganomicon paired with some fast oven fries. to make the fries, just sliced a baked potato about 1/4 thick, massage with a teeny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper them, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 7-8 minutes. not a potato chip, not a french fry. something in between those two worlds. snobby joes are awesome, the recipe makes quite a bit, it freezes well, thaws well, and makes my daughter deliriously happy. here she is in a post snobby joe stupor:
kind of reminds me of nick nolte's mug shot, only happier.

2 comments:

Candy Beans said...

It's amazing how much harder blogging goals are to meet than they sound. I'm slogging through my own month-long daily posting goal.

The picture of your daughter is adorable!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I hate making blog goals because I always fail miserably. I aim for twice a week, but that almost never happens.

That last picture is so frickin cute!