Thursday, January 12, 2012

OYMST Day #12: Clean Yo Pantry


I threw this together in less than 45 minutes. It's a burrito casserole thingy I do a few times a year. Stale tortillas layered with a tomato/chile/oregano sauce, re fried beans, corn, and dollops of cilantro pesto on top. Layer it like lasagna, baby. In the oven at 350 for a half an hour, then uncovered for another 10-12 minutes. You can use vegan cheez if you wanna, but with all those flavors going on, why mess with perfection? Go the natural route by throwing some avocado slices on top. Looky-looky, you have yourself a casserole that will make your friends think you spent a couple of hours in the kitchen. Clean Yo Pantry! I promise I won't tell.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yum! I love "clean the pantry" casseroles :)

Vegan Fazool said...

I call this Mexican Pie :-) and I love it!

Why were your tortillas stale?? There is no excuse for that, my friend! Just pop them in the freezer if you don't eat them right away. They freeze just fine. Had me one tonight, as a matter of fact!

XOXO