Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vegan MOFO Day #10: Maggie's Fried Green Tomatoes

I couldn't write about Maggie without having her cook something green. Get it, Maggie Greene? Groan. I kill me. So you want to know the secret to Maggie's badassery? It's not the chutzpah gene from her daddy, it's fried food. Yes, fried food.
Just look at those babies frying in oil. Everything is better when fried.
No recipe needed. These are just green tomatoes fried in some cheap batter mix. Which kind, you might ask? You won't believe me if I told you. After Maggie and Glenn did some of their lovin' at the pharmacy, they found a discount bin chock full of Larry The Cable Guy's spicy batter mix.  No joke. Who knew that a piece of that d-bag would survive the zombie apocalypse. That's a way to Git-R-Done. These turned out to be more chewy than crispy, but that's okay.


1 comment:

Bianca said...

Ahahaha! Larry the Cable guy batter mix!!!!!!! That is amazing!