Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vegan MOFO Day #3: Dale's Sensible Hash



 I'm really mad that no one thought of looking for walkers in Dale's nostrils. They're huge. Just loot at 'em.
 I tried to bring it up at one of our camp meetings, but no everyone was distracted by the Rick/Shane/Lori love triangle, and the whole idea ended up hurting Dale's feelings. When I apologized for my rhino insensitivity, Dale just hugged me and said it was okay. What a guy. We bonded around the campfire and he showed me how to make one of his favorite breakfast dishes.

Dale's Sensible Hash

You'll need:
  • 1 bag Simply Potatoes, sliced variety* (WARNING: linking to their page will show non-vegan food) the link was only put as a reference, I receive no compensation whatsoever from the company.)
  • 1 can of blackeye peas
  • 1 c. chopped bell pepper-(i used a combo of green and yellow)
  • 1.5 c. chopped kale
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 1/2 c. your favorite hot sauce
  • 1 T olive oil
 Saute your onion and peppers in the oil. Add potatoes. Drain and rinse your peas, then add the peas, kale, and hot sauce to the skillet after the potatoes have fully cooked. Serve with your favorite bread or bagel. This tasty plate of goodness will fuel you with plenty of energy to lecture people while standing on top of a Winnebago.

PLEASE HELP ME GO TO VIDA VEGAN CON. I pledge to donate 10% of all monies to my local food bank. If I don't make enough to go, I'll donate it all to MHC. You can send that money to jennifermolica@gmail.com at PayPal. ANY AMOUNT WILL HELP. Thanks!



1 comment:

Chubby Vegan Mom said...

I think you have one of my favorite themes ever. LOVE it! :)