Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me! Party at The Owlery

 I celebrated my 40th birthday at Bloomington's finest vegetarian restaurant--The Owlery. 9 of us sat around a table and noshed on our favorite eats and shared a monster chocolate birthday cake! Imagine going to a restaurant where the entire dessert case is loaded with only vegan delights. I thought I had died and gone to Chocolate Heaven.
I had the poutine.  What's that? It's a Canadian delight: gravy fries covered in cheese. At The Owlery, the default setting for most dishes are vegan, and if you want dairy cheese, you have to order it that way. Pretty cool, eh?

We also went on a mini-getaway to a cabin in the woods and I made some dishes from American Vegan Kitchen and Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day. I'll post on that later.

3 comments:

jacqui said...

Happy Birthday! 50 was great for me because I'm finally middle aged (I plan to live to 100!).

Vegan Fazool said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!! It was nice to see a post from you, hope all is going well!

XOXO
Dawn

P.S. Only the coolest vegan bloggers have February birthdays!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ι would like to thank you foг the effoгts you have put in pеnning this blog.

Ι am hoping tо сheck out the samе high-grade blog poѕts by you latеr on as wеll.
In fact, your creatiѵe writіng abilities has encouraged mе to get my
own sitе now ;)

My ωeb sitе; highly recommended Reading